Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Black Hawk down pt1

I have started a new book wish is similar to the book I was reading previously. It is another army book about people fighting for our country. Black Hawk Down is a story about the United States Army Rangers and DELTA force operation in the city of Mogadishu, Somalia. On October 3, 1993 the mission was to capture and arrest the war lord, Mohamed Farrah Aidid. On this day the plan was to capture two of his high level associates, who were hiding in a building in the hear of Mogadishu. The assault did not take place until late in the afternoon around 3:30 pm the entire mission was to last about an hour. The soldiers would arrive at the target sight, and be inserted into the combat zone by repelling from the helicopter. The mission was to strike unexpectedly, quickly, and with overwhelming force. Up until this point every mission had been successful, no one could imagine what awaited these brave soldiers. The soldiers flew low over the city after leaving a makeshift base at an old airport outside the city limits. There was a convoy that would bring the soldiers back to the base after the mission. This has all happened within the first 50 pages of this book. I love reading a book like this because it shows me that America is the best country on the planet. It helps me realize how many that all of my freedoms are because of warriors like these. I cannot wait to keep reading this book and keep learning. I hope I enjoy this book as much as I did the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment