Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lone Survivor Pt. 4

I read the pages 150 to 200 and I am continuing to like the book. I keep on gaining more knowledge on Navy Seals and specifically the story of Marcus Luttrell. The book has went from him in training to him actually being a Navy Seal. Three other men went on the mission, known as as Red Wing with Marcus. Petty Officer Matthew Axelson, Lieutenant Micheal Murphy, and Petty Officer Danny Dietz. The mission was in the Northeast part of Afghanistan on the Pakistan border in the Hindu Kush mountain range. They were to take captive or kill an Al Qaeda terrorist. They were flown in by helicopter into the mountains, where they fast roped from the helicopter to the ground. They set up their position to overlook a village, where it was believed the terrorist was hiding. Had they no more established their position, than an Afghan sheep herder walked up on them Along with the sheep herder their was another man and a young boy. The four Navy Seals had to decide whether to kill these three Afghans, take them captive, or let them go. They chose after much discussion to let them go. Warning them to to tell anyone where they were. After this they had to relocate their position. I have never had to make a decision like the decision they had to make. I do not know if I could ever do that. There dilemma was those people could go tell Al Qaeda where they were hiding. These men had to make a life or death decision. They had to be cool under pressure and that is what I need to be. It would help me in many ways, especially in school. I would do better on test and that would help my grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment