Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lone Survivor pt 7


I am in the last 100 pages of Lone Survivor and it is almost impossible for me to put the book down. I read pages 300 to 350 and they have kept my attention the whole time. For me I have to stop and put the book down and realize that this book is not fictional and it is 100% fact and that causes me to have a heavy heart for Marcus Luttrell. The next SEAL to be wounded was Axe, Marcus’s brothers’ best friend. He took a round in his chest, but continued on fighting even when his life’s blood was draining out. Right after that, Danny who was already mortally wounded took a round in the head and he died instantly. The three remaining SEALS continued to slide down the mountain to keep the Taliban from completely surrounding them. No matter how many Taliban they killed moirĂ© just kept coming, and there was no let up in the constant gunfire. In an attempt to call in reinforcements Maechal Murphy had to expose himself to the enemy to get a clear signal. It was when he was doing that he was hit with a round, which proved fatal. Mikey was screaming in pain asking for help, but there was nothing Marcus could do because he was pinned down. Marcus and Axe continued to fight until they were blown down the mountain by a RPG. That was the last time Marcus saw Axe. Although, Marcus survived the hit proved fatal for Axe. These three Navy SEALS gave up there lives so that we could be freed. This message continues to hit me every time. The SEALS never gave up and even when they were having there last breaths they were trying to defend the red, white, and blue. This makes me very proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment