Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lone Survivor pt 5

I am still reading the book Lone Survivor and it is always hard for me to sop reading it. The pages I read were 200 to 250 and every page was very interesting. In the last blog I wrote about how the men left the shepherds go. This decision was very crucial. After about an hour and a half about 80 to 100 heavily armed Taliban warriors with AK 47s and RPG's (RPG's are rocket propelled grenades) were in position above them on the mountain. Marcus at this point realized it was a mistake to have allowed the goat herders to live. They had gone and immediately reported the position of the four Navy Seals to the Taliban. The hill top was swarming with so many men there was no escape except to go down the mountain. Marcus fired the first shot killing a Taliban who had his gun pointed at him, at that moment everything broke loose. the Taliban started shooting down the mountain from every angle. Navy Seals were all firing non stop, at this point Mikey said "Marcus no options now, buddy, kill'em all!" The gun fight focused on the two flank men. After about 5 minutes of fighting the Taliban identified Marcus' position and he began to take on heavy fire from the Taliban, whose only goal was to terminate and kill them. These four Seals are in a battle to help keep freedom for me. Reading this it really hit me the these people are fighting for my freedom and they do not even know me. It truly means so much to me that these men did and continue to do this. The people that told the Taliban make me so angry. If the Seals were not scared of getting trialed for murder if the they would of killed the herders but instead they got ratted out and are now in a fight for there lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment